The Intervale Center
MENTOR Vermont Discount Card > The Intervale Center
Discount offered: Harvesting vegetables, event set-up and clean-up, weeding, transplanting, and maintaining native tree species,
Gleaning & Food Rescue Program
Get your hands dirty and help improve access to affordable, healthy, and local food! You’ll be harvesting surplus vegetables that would otherwise go to waste (what’s known as gleaning) from the fields of various Intervale farms or Jericho Settlers Farm in Richmond. This food will then be distributed to community members through our Fair Share program.
- Available dates/shifts: Friday mornings or afternoons. See our SignUp page for specific dates
- Sign up via our SignUp page. Contact Sarah at [email protected] or 802-660-0440 ext. 120 with any questions!
Summervale is the Intervale Center’s celebration of farmers, music, community, and great food and takes place everyThursday from July 6 – August 31! Volunteers will help with set-up, clean-up, admissions, parking, waste management, and more! All volunteers will receive a free slice of American Flatbread pizza. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Available dates/shifts: Thursdays from July 6 – August 31 from 4:30 – 6:30 and 6:15 – 8:30
- Sign up via our SignUp page and contact Carolyn at [email protected] or 802-660-0440 ext. 101 with any questions!
Intervale Conservation Nursery
Support the Intervale Conservation Nursery’s work to grow native trees and shrubs for restoration projects along Vermont’s waterways! Volunteers will help the Nursery manage their tree stock by weeding, transplanting and maintaining native tree species.
- Available dates/shifts: Tuesdays from 1 – 4 PM
- Sign up via our SignUp page and contact Carolyn at [email protected] or 802-660-0440 ext. 101 with any questions or to schedule an alternate volunteer shift!
As always, all volunteers are eligible to receive City Market member worker hours!